Subunit V2 is coming along very well.
- I have a complete implementation of the StreamResult API up as a patch for testtools. Thats 2K LOC including comeprehensive tests.
- Similarly, I have an implementation of a StreamResult parser and emitter for subunit. Thats 1K new LOC including comprehensive tests, and another 500 lines of churn where I migrate all the subunit filters to v2.
- pdb debugging works through subunit v2, permitting dropping into a debugger to work. Yay.
Remaining things to do:
- Update the other language bindings – the C library in particular.
- Teach testrepository to expect v2 input (and probably still store v1 for a while)
- Teach testrepository to use pipes for the stdin of test runner backends, and some control mechanism to switch input between different backends.
- Discuss the in-Python API with more folk.
- Get code merged